The AP/AR Specialist is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The AP/AR Specialist is directly responsible for performing data entry, ensuring timely payments if vendors invoices and expense vouchers, debit/credit balances, and resolving account irregularities. The incumbent will also administer refunds, adjustments, and any other accounting transactions related to AP/AR management. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to or from the organization.
- Accounts receivable and payables
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payments
- Accounting tasks associated with property Work Orders
- Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments
- Assist in maintaining balance sheet schedules
- Assist with end-of-month processing for all owners in our rental program
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments
- Assist Accounting Manager with response to any phone/email inquiries as necessary
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Other administrative functions as necessary
- Associates degree preferred or two years AP/AR experience, or an equivalent combination.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgement for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Able to perform moderate to complex account reconciliations.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems and internal controls.
- Advanced proficiency with QuickBooks software, Microsoft Office and spreadsheet programs.
- Advanced knowledge of Property Management Programs such as HomeAway V-12.net
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy with the insight to coordinate priorities efficiently.
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
Applicant must have secure housing in the immediate Steamboat/Breckenridge vicinity.
Envision your career with one of Steamboat Springs’ largest vacation rental companies. You'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. We are committed to hiring top talent to help us deliver exceptional service to our customers.
Our full-time associates enjoy very competitive pay, health benefits as well as paid time-off.
The schedule rotates and will include weekends.
- Book reservations for guests and owners, process any guest credits and/or charges, etc.
- Provide over-the-phone information and assistance in choosing vacation accommodations based on very competitive availability of rental units, amenities, financial considerations, and location of properties.
- Encouraged upsells by offering clients additional services or special packages such as Discount Lift Tickets and Ski Rental discounts.
- Answer incoming calls promptly and provide guest with information on accommodations that would best suit their vacation needs. Convert telephone inquiries into reservations, maintaining acceptable performance statistics and acceptable level of errors.
- Enter all inquires into the appropriate customer database.
- Address guest and vendor issues or concerns independently or assist/refer to appropriate department.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, filing, recording, mailing, and computer data input processing as necessary.
- Cross trained and able to cover Guest Service positions as necessary.
- Reservation Agents must have impeccable customer service skills and be excellent communicators.
- Have knowledge of V12 & the vacation management industry.
- Be detailed and enjoy assisting others.
- High School graduate.
- Prior Sales or Customer Service experience.
- Basic computer proficiency and data entry experience.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, and scanners.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience: Telephone marketing/sales experience.